family code

if a 17 year old can support himself,and tells his parents of his whereabouts,can he move out at 17?


Re: family code

If the parents don't care, I don't see why not.

However, most apt. complexes won't rent to you since you are under 18 and unable to sign a contract.

You can try to emancipate in TX. You have to fulfill certain criteria. Also, your parents have to agree. One parent would have to signed a notarized document to be filed with the court.

Cost - filing fee approx. $250 then attorney fees of at least $750.